Question 1 Sheingold (1991) said that teachers will have to confront squarely the difficult problem of creating a school environment that is fundamentally different from the one they themselves experienced (p. 23). In what ways is the current K-12 environment different from the one you experienced? Do you feel this presents an obstacle to effective use of technology in your teaching? What are some strategies you feel might help teachers overcome this obstacle?Not Scored: The current K-12 grade is different from the one I experienced because there is a lot more technology. Also I'm not sure if this matters, but I and everyone in my class were younger when we were started kindergarten. The environment is different because when I look back I always remember a nice room and everyone had their own desks and own space and own books. The classrooms I go in now they have the kids sitting at the same desks and the kids don't even have books anymore. Everything is done by worksheets. I feel that this could present an obstacle. I mean these kids (when we start teaching) will have grown up with this technology in their homes and every classroom. I wouldn't be surprised if by the time I get to teaching if all the kids don't bring their own laptop to school. The kids will know more than the teacher. Its inevitable. Some stagegies that might help student to overcome this particular obstacle is to have teachers take a technology class every few years so they can keep up with the changing technology. When i started high school 5 years ago only colleges (rich ones/ private ones with money) could afford the smart boards and now look high schools and even elementary schools have them...now that was a smart invention!!!
-------------------------
Question 2NCATE's document Technology and the New Professional Teacher (1997) said that, in addition to technology skills, teachers need an attitude that is fearless in the use of technology, encourages them to take risks, and inspires them to be lifelong learners. What current factors and activities can help teachers develop such an attitude? What factors make it difficult for them to acquire it?Not Scored: Well some of the current factors are that technology is always changing and mostly for the good. Technology makes it easier to get information, stay in contact. As the saying goes 'everything you want is at your finger tips' and now with the computer and the Internet that is true. You have all these sites that will help you or send you to sites that will help you. Some factors that might make it difficult and will always make stuff difficult is money and time. I want to be a mother someday and I don't know if I could handle a job kids and find time to learn. It seems like it would take a lot of time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment